Start a Mentoring Group
We are delighted that you are interested in offering friendship to a family facing homelessness! To form a mentoring group at your church:
- Discuss the possibility of a mentoring group with as many people as possible within your church, such as members of Sunday School classes, women’s groups, small groups, or the mission committee. Bridge of Hope has brochures, DVDs, and bulletin inserts that explain mentoring.
- Invite a Bridge of Hope staff person or volunteer to speak at your church about this ministry opportunity.
- When 8 to 12 people commit to being in a mentoring group, the Bridge of Hope staff will train the mentors and match them with a single mother and her children.
The following churches have established or are current mentors or are forming groups with Bridge of Hope of York County.
York Alliance Church
First Presbyterian Church of York
Living Word Community Church
St. Paul Lutheran Church – Spring Grove
Bethlehem United Methodist Church – Dallastown
Otterbein United Methodist Church- Spry
City View Community Church
- Oct 02, 2015 — New Family Resource Coordinator/Director Joining Our Team…Read More
- Aug 28, 2015 — Teens Stand for Charities Adventure Race Donation…Read More
- Apr 20, 2015 — Community Service Award Received…Read More
- Feb 26, 2015 — Community Aid Bins Help End Homelessness…Read More
- Feb 19, 2015 — Easter Food Drive…Read More
- Feb 05, 2015 — Adventure Race Registration Opens…Read More
- Jan 02, 2015 — Our 2015 New Year’s Resolution…Read More
- Oct 26, 2014 — Bridge of Hope of York County Receives Awards at Annual Conference…Read More